Leader, Metering Infrastructure
Application deadline is March 31
“Absolutely the best company I have worked for!”
“Great River Energy treats employees and the environment with great respect!”
These are some recent quotes by our employees at Great River Energy. We’re proud of that because more than power, we're about people. Here you will find a work environment that's rewarding, challenging, and exciting. As a cooperative owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota’s second largest utility based on generating capacity, and one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the country. Provide strategic direction, ownership, leadership, and supervision of GRE’s metering infrastructure and bargain technicians/electricians. Manages the overall construction, installation, operation and maintenance of GRE’s revenue metering equipment for transmission, generation, Members and interconnections.
We are seeking a leader, metering infrastructure, to provide strategic direction, ownership, leadership, and supervision of GRE’s metering infrastructure and bargain technicians/electricians and to manages the overall construction, installation, operation and maintenance of GRE’s revenue metering equipment for transmission, generation, Members and interconnections.
Lead and manage GRE’s comprehensive metering infrastructure for optimal performance in metering and billing systems for GRE, member systems, and external stakeholders.
Partner with transmission engineering on metering standards, design, and programming.
Partner with IT for technical support of telecommunications, hardware, software and network requirements • Partner with Leader, Energy Data Management to ensure that all energy data needs are being met.
Partner with leadership, our member systems, business partners, and vendors to maintain and improve our present revenue metering system. Identify trends for future improvements.
Adhere to member system contract(s), GRE guidelines and the requirements for intertie metering.
Promote the development of efficient cross-functional business processes that result in productive and efficient work management
Maintain positive relationships with distribution cooperatives, commercial and industrial customers, municipal utilities, MISO and surrounding transmission companies
Ensures meter infrastructure integrity and accuracy to provide reliable and efficient operations in support of the transmission system grid, HVDC converter stations, generation plants, and distribution facilities.
Coordinate and implement metering upgrades, replacements, and retirements as driven by business requirements and asset lifecycle management.
Review technician documentation such as construction work orders and prints to ensure that construction installations are completed correctly and verified for accuracy, expense reports, time reporting, and billable work for others.
Promote and develop process improvements through knowledge sharing and identification of business needs.
Assure that standards are met and installation practices are consistent.
Ensure that manager is fully informed on issues affecting system integrity and the department.
Ensure standard operating procedures, “as built prints” and documentation are up to date and properly maintained.
Assures service centers are properly maintained and meeting GRE needs.
Recommend needs and priorities for replacement of existing equipment.
Act as a point of contact for team members, project managers, business partners, and co-ops related to projects and construction activities.
Monitor project start and end dates, resource assignments and status. Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
Represent GRE on various committees and working groups in relationship to metering.
Manage, coach and provide work direction to bargained employees to maximize productivity and teamwork.
Manages and provides oversight for the scheduling, testing, and documenting of maintenance for system metering.
Assures prompt follow-up on corrective equipment work orders and incidence reports.
Interact and negotiate with vendors and contractors as it relates to existing products and services, and to secure new products and services.
Knowledge typically acquired through a two-year electrical/electronics technical degree. A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is preferred. Must possess excellent customer service, leadership, and technical skills with a minimum of 3+ years of metering experience in the electric utility industry.
• Engineering design documentation and ability to interpret technical drawings, materials, contracts, and other related documentation.
• Revenue metering equipment, meter data management software, tools, processes, and best practices.
• Construction and maintenance of power and distribution systems and awareness of NESC safety codes and standards.
• Communicating effectively at both technical and leadership levels. Skills must include good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills and ability to understand information and ideas as presented.
• Thinking strategically and effectively promoting a business vision and direction in a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Building and maintaining effective work relationships, both internal and external, and establishing credibility with business partners.
• Planning, organizing, prioritizing time/workload and delegating work in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
• Negotiating and collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rationale, and diplomacy.
• Ensuring compliance with contract terms, policies and procedures.
• Multi-tasking - coordinating assignments and handle multiple complex tasks concurrently
• Solving complex problems along with analytical skills to examine and blend technical options into broader-based business strategies.
• Evaluating and motivating personnel.
• Adapting to rapidly changing business circumstances; must be able to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and opportunity for professional growth. To apply, visit our website at www.greatriverenergy.com.
Application deadline is March 31. An EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets Employer